Friday, April 07, 2006

Real Danger

I did not see a daily theme challenge posted today in the videoblogging group. For the last three days I have tried to keep to following those suggested daily themes that were posted there.
I have been sitting on this video clip for about a month and have wanted to post it since it is some of what I saw at the
Homeland Terrorism and Natural Disaster CME Seminar presented by the Moreau Emergency Squad that I attended on March 18. I thought it would fit well with the theme of this videoblogging week. But more importantly I thought it would be something good for us to think on a bit.
The audio you hear in the beginning and near the end of the video is from the 9-11 tapes released by the NYC Fire Department. I listened to some of these audio recordings and watched some other videos about that horrible day on September of 2001 and couldn't believe how much this is still effecting us today, almost 5 years later. The pain, fear, anger, sadness and other feelings came back as I listened to these voices of emergency personnel running into danger while others who could ran away from it. It brought tears to my eyes.
I didn't intend on this really being a 9-11 memorial when I began editing this earlier today. But I guess it has turned into a bit of one. I think we should remember. Remember we were attacked. Remember the lives lost. Remember that day to day there are people in the Emergency Services serving and risking their lives for us. And even remember that the danger still does exist and that it can happen here again.

Windows File Here


The photo at the end is under a attribution, non-commercial license. I found this photo by Genesun Han on his flickr site.
The audio, which is available for download, can be found here on MSNBC.


Technorati Tag:

track with co.mments

3 Comments:

At Saturday, April 08, 2006 1:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! You handle complex topics with sensitivity.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 9:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooow impressive. Just a glimpse of everything but with a massive power to tell the message. Thank you for sharing this.

 
At Saturday, April 08, 2006 5:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the good, or for the bad, this video gave me shivers.

Hopefully a reminder so we dont become so complacent in our security in this country. Very sticky as with more security, it appears that there comes less freedom.

Not a day goes by that I didnt wish my daughter had a better world to grow up in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.