Monday, April 17, 2006

Let's Talk

ConversationGod.com has been on my mind a lot. This video is a bit of my heart regarding that new site and a bit about vlogging. I really would just like to be involved in conversation with others. I'd like to talk, to get to know others, to hear about the things you believe and to share what I believe. And, in the end of it all, to have grown, to have been challenged, to have been encouraged to understand other things and people more than I did before, to know that I helped others to understand me and what I stand for better, even if only in a small way, and to have participated in this community with others in a caring way.

I debated whether or not I wanted to share this video. It really may not be necessary for me to say these things at all. But still as I said it. This is a moment when I was thinking. And thinking out loud while the camera was on, so why not share it here.

I look forward very much to the conversation at conversationGod.com and I continue to look forward to the conversations that are occurring all over the vlogosphere. Let's keep talking, let's keep getting to know each other as people, let's keep working together, let's keep encouraging each other, let's keep on being the media, let's keep on remembering that when we subscribe to a feed we are subscribing to people.........

(I mention a convesation from a year ago in this post. That conversation is the first religious conversation I saw in the vlogosphere where people contributed video to discuss some topics Ryanne challenged people to talk about. You can learn more about that conversation by clicking here.
Or to learn more about video blogging week click here.)

Tagged:

track with co.mments

6 Comments:

At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Devin said...

'Censorship'

I had that problem with youarunion.blogspot.com. So kid wanted me to post a video of a re-enactment of the Jackass Partyboy skit, and video of him lighting a pass of gas.

No way.

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 2:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll definitely be sure to check out your converstationGod site. I hope it does well. I do believe that we need to discuss these things in a forum where all ideas are respected. Often when I talk about God and my beliefs, I am often cussed out or told that God does not really exist. I respect other's opinions, don't get me wrong, I just wish they would respect mine too.

Kudos for keeping a straight face and doing this post while your dog did his "business." ;-)

http://beccavlog.blogspot.com

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 7:57:00 PM, Blogger Mary Beth said...

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'm glad that you're opening the lines of communication. I'm espcially glad that you're doing it honestly, acknowledging that you'd like people to have similar beliefs as you but also that you'd like just like thoughts to be shared.

You are the first person with a "fu" that I've ever been able to take seriously - although I admit it took 1/2 of the video to get used to it... :)

 
At Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharing from your heart is always great. You want people to know what you believe but you also want them to share their thoughts. It opens up many great opportunitues to continue to share. I am encourgaged by what you have been doing. I will be praying for you.

 
At Thursday, April 20, 2006 11:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honest and to the point . . . nicely done. Maybe someday soon I'll update my blog. ;)

 
At Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:58:00 AM, Blogger kitykity said...

You're a good person for "picking that up." Most people around where I live just leave it for me to step in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.