Thursday, February 01, 2007

How 'Bout This For A Turn Out?


Play Quicktime 320x240
Play Quicktime 640x480

Play Windows Media version

Play Flash version

Shot on the Thursday before my move. I decided to put my turnout gear on one last time before returning it to the volunteer rescue squad I have been a member of for the past 3 or so years. I'm glad for my time of service to the community. Being a part of the squad allowed me to meet many nice people including those I worked along side with and those we got a chance to help.

(I am moved already as I post this though I will post the video backdated to the day I shot this. Today I met someone from a local volunteer squad out here in LI. Who knows maybe I'll get involved again. It is sure to be very different out here where there is more than just one call every day. But I'll have to think about it....I'm not sure if I want to get involved in it again just right away.)

track with co.mments

8 Comments:

At Thursday, February 08, 2007 8:56:00 AM, Blogger @driPod said...

Hey!!! nice too see you again. ( i try to write in english. )
You looks so good with your turnout gear.
I was a volunter too (1995-1997). In a GARUN ( Grupo de Apoyo y Rescate de la Universidad Nacional). I learned very things but i only had the oportunity to help in a ER at the hospital. It was a unforgettable experience.

and this is another word that i want to share :
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 9:11 NIV

@dripod
VIFC
Vlog Internacional Fan Club

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 1:42:00 AM, Blogger Lan Bui (of The Bui Brothers) said...

You seemed so sad...

I'm glad you got some video of you in it.

 
At Friday, February 09, 2007 9:13:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You don't look happy at all, I understand you... But I'm sure you'll be OK at your new place... By the way... where are you moving to? (I hope You can use the bus there :))
Regards from Colombia!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to see you are back, although... I must say this was a very emotional video....
what can i tell you?
just that I hope everything will turn out good for you!!!

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey! Great to see a new video from you. That's really cool that you took a leap of faith and moved away from what was familiar. Praying for you as you move on to other things! :)

 
At Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:57:00 AM, Blogger Carl Weaver said...

I didn't know you were with the rescue squad. That's really impressive. It must be pretty intense to do that sort of thing. It's something I have thought of myself but never have done.

I hope the move went well. What town are you in now?

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Connie Tyska says hello! (i saw her at church and she said to tell you she thinks you took the easy way out and didn't tell her that you were moving) lol

 
At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 2:33:00 PM, Blogger JuanFalla said...

Cool, very cool.

Anthony, I;d like it very much if one of theses days you talk (if you can and are allowed) a little bit more about this experience, how it was, and if you were in danger at some point, or what whas the most "weird/crazy" emergency you guys had...

Bye!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.