Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Love. A text post. Still exploring being completely known.

Thoughts on Love, by me

It is my pleasure.
It is my pleasure and sometimes it is my pain.
To love you.
I love you.
Not that I love you and seek romance
but I love you as a person, as a friend.
It is my pleasure to love you.
It is my pleasure and sometimes it is my pain.
The pleasure in loving.
The pain in loving.
I don't regret loving at all.



These words below are by C.S. Lewis:

To love at all is to be vulnerable.
Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.
If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give your heart to no one, not even to an animal.
Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements; lock it up safe in the casket of coffin of your selfishness.
But in that casket of your selfishness--safe, dark, motionless, airless--it will change.
It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.
The only place outside Heaven where you can be perfectly safe from the dangers of love is Hell.

track with co.mments

1 Comments:

At Friday, July 21, 2006 2:06:00 AM, Blogger Mav(eric)k said...

My love for others diminishes each time I get hurt. I long for a softer heart though it is full of scars and scabs. Loving people is difficult. I want to believe that their are people who desire to know and love God. Where are they at? Where is the commitment to Christ that the Bible calls us to? Why are people fake and proud? Your poem encourages me to love others even when there isn't any love coming back. I need to guard my heart against the cynicism of this world. It must not devour me. Oh my God, please help me to love the lost.
"Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold..." Matthew 24:12

Its true, the love of most will grow cold. It is hard and painful to love.

Anthony, please pray for the attitude in my heart and for me to have the tenacity to change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.