Sunday, February 19, 2006

2 for 1. Dan Meyers Performing "I Don't Believe" and another song entitled "Stutterin".

I Don't Believe

Singer, songwriter, guitarist Dan Meyers played at a local conference center a few weeks ago. I have been meaning to get this video posted since then. I like the percussive technique he uses while playing guitar. Dan and his acrylic nails tap out percussives, gently touch harmonics, fingerpick melodies and bounce out great rhythms. Dan Meyers can be found on the web at DanMeyers.com.
This first song is maybe a different look at faith. Here Dan sings about those things he doesn't believe and also lets us know some of the things he does believe. Windows Media users: Click Here.

Stutterin'
Watch QuickTime Video
This video may not fast start...it may need to load
fully before it plays.

Have you ever heard a Christian stutter when it came to explaining their faith? This song by Dan Meyers entitled "Stutterin" is a musically playful look at those "ah.. oh.. I don't know ..." moments.

Both of the above videos above were recorded (as usual) with a Sony DSCM1. Having been indoors at a local Inn and Conference Center, the lighting leaves some to be desired when it comes to video but Dan's music and message are all good. Windows Media Users Click Here.


I've tried a little something different with this post in addition to having posted two videos (I know only one will show up in the RSS feed) I have also used Josh Kinbergs Pop-up Link Maker. Let me know what you all think of it pro or con if you have an opinion. Regarding the two vids: I figured if you (my loyal subscribers)liked one you could come back and watch the second one (the one I like better) and even leave a comment while you visit. But if you didn't like it you didn't have to have both vids downloaded saving you time and space to watch other cool stuff. Much love yo!

track with co.mments

6 Comments:

At Monday, February 20, 2006 8:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I'm becoming a much more well rounded person now that I "know" you. :) Fire Ant is very cool once I figured out what I'm doing. (That's two technical hurdles for today.) And now I know about Dan Meyers. His techniques is very cool. Makes me wish a girl with small hands like mine could play guitar. It also inspires me to be well prepared so I don't have to stutter. I look forward to the next installment.

 
At Friday, February 24, 2006 12:51:00 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I didn't even realize that there was a second video until today, when I noticed I was getting hits from your site. Thanks, by the way :)

I don't mind if both load up at once. In fact, for me it's necessary because I live on dial up and can only upload when I'm at a friends or at school, so if I don't get it the first time round than I probably won't get it.

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 12:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey~ I can't get the media player to play the movies...Just thought you would want to know. I tried on Friday and today

 
At Monday, February 27, 2006 6:04:00 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

Thanks Michelle, I opened both vids and had no problems playing either on my Windows Media Player. If anyone else has a problem please let me know. Michelle, you may wanna try again and if you haven't already make sure you have updated your player to the latest version. Thanks again.

 
At Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:01:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't visited for awhile, sorry Anthony. But I refreshed my memory of all your vlogs and it was fun! I enjoy watching your videos and seeing/sharing in your life. It's pretty cool! :o] I don't have a video iPod, though, so I can't take you with me everywhere and show all my Texas friends my way-cool, awesome-vlogging, handsome New York friend. Maybe someday in the future. Thanks for keeping up the vlogging! It puts a smile in my day! :o]

 
At Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Matt Harmless said...

I am going to post these videos on Dan's blogger blog if that is OK.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.